Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Tomato & Potato Tortilla

Serves 6

1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
115g cherry tomatoes
6 eggs
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp fresh parsley
salt and pepper

Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and reserve until required.
Preheat the grill to medium. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the spring onions and fry until just soft. Add the potatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes, until coated with oil and hot. Smooth the top and scatter over the tomatoes.
Mix the eggs, water, salt and pepper and parsley together in a bowl, then pour into the frying pan. Cook over a very gentle heat for 10-15 minutes, until the tortilla looks fairly set.
Place the frying pan under the hot grill and cook until the top is brown and set. Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes before sliding out of the frying pan on to a chopping board. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.

***
I really enjoyed this. I loved how sweet the cherry tomatoes were with the potato. I also loved how incredibly easy it was to do, which can only ever be a good thing!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

For very creamy mash - no lumps at all, use a "ricer". Boil the potatoes as normal, and push them through the ricer. Add pre-heated milk and butter (thank you, thank you Mr Microwave) and whisk through the riced potatoes with a fork. Add freshly ground pepper and viola! Beaut creamed potatoes!

Flibbertigibbet said...

Oh now I have to add a ricer to my wishlist! Just when I thought I'd got my kitchen stocked up! lol
This cooking lark requires a lot of gadgets...

I totally thought I'd got this set up to let me know there were comments. Damn Blogger it failed me!