Sunday, 6 July 2008

Peaches & Cream Ice Cream

400g can peaches in light syrup
40g caster sugar
150ml double cream

In a pan heat the peaches and their syrup with the sugar, stirring from time to time, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set to one side to cool. Once fully cooled, blend the peaches and the juice to a puree in a food processor or blender. Stir in the cream then use this mixture to make the ice cream according to the instructions of your ice cream maker.

***
I love, love, love ice cream. So, this year I got an Ice Cream maker for my birthday, this was the first that I made with it and I'm really pleased with it. It was delicious, it might not be wholly healthy, but it only has three ingredients. I'm going to look at the ingredients on the shop-bought stuff and see how many they have.
It only took about 15 minutes to actually create the ice cream once it was in the machine, and the preparation before that took barely moments.

The only shame is that I have to freeze the bowl for 24 hours prior to use. One day I'll save for one with an in-built freezer!

No comments: