Sunday, 6 July 2008

Peanut Crunch Cookies

Makes 25

115g butter at room temperature, diced
115g light muscovado sugar
1 egg
150g self raising flour
2.5ml/ 1/2 tsp baking powder
150g crunchy peanut butter
icing sugar, for dusting

Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Grease two baking sheets.
Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg, then add the flour, baking powder and peanut butter. Beat until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Place heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture on to the greased baking sheets; space well apart to allow the cookies to spread while baking. (If necessary, spoon the dough on to the baking sheets in batches.)
Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes until risen; they will still be quite soft to the touch.
Leave the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar.

***
These were just lovely. As my guest said, how can you go wrong, cookies AND peanut butter. I couldn't agree more.
I found myself sneaking off to bed with a cookie and a glass of milk when I went to read my book. The ultimate in comfort food I think!

No comments: