Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Cream of Celeriac Soup

Serves 6

25g butter
400g celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
125g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
570ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
275ml milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Melt the butter and cook the celeriac, potatoes and garlic gently for 5 minutes without colouring. Add the stock and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender. Cool a little, then puree in a liquidiser with the milk. Taste for seasoning. The soup is delicious served both chilled and hot.

***
I made this for the freezer so didn't add the milk, instead making a note on top of the containers to add milk when I reheated it (because my memory sucks and I'd wonder why it was so thick). Anyway, the celeriac flavour was pretty strong and I'm only a very recent convert to celeriac so I'm interested to see if I'll be able to get through all the containers of it in the freezer!

Taken from: New Covent Garden Soup Company's Book of Soups

No comments: