Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Lemonade

For 6

10 lemons
8 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp ice, plus whole ice cubes to serve
20 mint or lemon balm leaves

Peel the lemons, making sure you have removed all of the white bitter pith.
Then put the fruit in a blender with the sugar, ice, herbs and 1 litre of water, and whiz for 2 minutes.
Put a few mint or lemon balm leaves, some whole ice cubes and some lemon slices into a large jug and sieve the lemonade into it.
Drink straight away!

***
When I made this, I was just making enough for me, I can't tell you how complicated that was and ended up with rather more than I meant to. I should have paid more attention to maths in school.
Also, I'm not sure how much is 4 tbsp of ice, that's hard to gauge!
All that said, it was really, really good. You can't store it, so I drank all that I made, and my tongue stung for a while!

Taken from: Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook

No comments: