Sunday, 7 June 2009

Wild Garlic & Potato Soup

25g butter
couple of handfuls of wild garlic leaves
2 medium-sized potatoes
800 ml of chicken or vegetable stock
salt & pepper


Melt the butter in your soup pot.
Roll the leaves, cigar-fashion, and then slice across into strips.
Add them to the pot and put the lid on.
Let them soften in the butter while you peel and chop the potatoes into cubes.
When the leaves are wilted add the potatoes and the stock.
Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are really soft.
If you like, add a spoonful of cream and liquidize the soup.

***
I do prefer to have a specific weight for my recipes, because I'm not sure what the size range is for a medium potato! However, I think I guessed right as it turned out ok and made plenty to be stored in my freezer. I'm actually going to have to start eating soup now before all the room in the freezer is gone!


Taken from: The Internet

No comments: