Saturday, 10 July 2010

Rhubarb Cordial

300g Rhubarb, chopped into 1cm pieces
568ml (1 pint) water
100-150g caster sugar (depending on taste)

Put the water and sugar into a pan and bring to the boil. Add the rhubarb and boil for about 10 minutes until the rhubarb is soft. Strain into a jug through a sieve; do not press the pulp through as this will result in the cordial becoming cloudy. Pour into a sterilised bottle and store until needed. Mix with water, fizzy water or lemonade

***
This was a wonderful pink shade when I bottled it and when diluted turned yellow. I'm not sure what I did wrong but a couple of weeks after I made it, I hadn't drunk any in that couple of weeks, but when I went to open it again it fizzed, which isn't a good thing. I'd kept it refrigerated the whole time so I'd have thought it would be fine. Ah well, will be trying again.

Taken from: My Skydrive Recipe folder!

No comments: